Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
When daughter Carolyn served in the U S Navy and had liberty she would go to local places to eat. She fell in love with Italian food and this is her recipe for Bruschetta.
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 12 roma tomatoes, sliced 1/16 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Slice the bread into 1/2 inch thick slices and drizzle olive oil over each piece.
- Sprinkle on the garlic . Place the tomato slices on the bread and sprinkle on the cheese and last the basil.
- now you can broil it for 3 minutes or eat it as is --
- This is for you to enjoy Mom.
This recipe makes a great bruschetta! I did cut the recipe in half & then used part of it on some Italian bread & part on some heavy whole wheat bread, just for the 'halob' it! GREAT both ways! Also tried some of it broiled & some not ~ Also GREAT both ways! A recipe worth keeping! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]