Recipe by wjorma
When daughter Carolyn served in the U S Navy and had liberty she would go to local places to eat. She fell in love with Italian food and this is her recipe for Bruschetta.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This recipe makes a great bruschetta! I did cut the recipe in half & then used part of it on some Italian bread & part on some heavy whole wheat bread, just for the 'halob' it! GREAT both ways! Also tried some of it broiled & some not ~ Also GREAT both ways! A recipe worth keeping! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 12 roma tomatoes, sliced 1/16 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the bread into 1/2 inch thick slices and drizzle olive oil over each piece.
- Sprinkle on the garlic . Place the tomato slices on the bread and sprinkle on the cheese and last the basil.
- now you can broil it for 3 minutes or eat it as is --
- This is for you to enjoy Mom.