Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother-in-law's famous cookie. The melted butter gives these a different texture than the normal choco chip cookie...somewhat cake like and very moist. Throw a slice of bread in with leftovers and they'll stay fresh for days. They are the favorite around here.
- Melt parkay butter in microwave.
- Mix together brown sugar, warm butter, eggs and vanilla in large mixing bowl until well blended.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda and add to butter mixture.
- Chill (about an hour) until able to work with easily.
- Drop by rounded Tbs. 3 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheet. (I put cookie sheet in refrigerator to make cool before putting dough on.) I use an insulated cookie sheet so the bottom doesn't brown more than the top. (If you don't have insulated, put two cookie sheets together.) I remove cookies from sheet as soon as I can.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 7-10 minutes or until desired doneness.