1/3 Photos of Carolyn's Apple Pudding Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Diana #2's Note:
Is there anything nicer than the smell of apples and cinnamon? This is such a comforting dessert. Easy to make and low in fat too. You probably already have everything at hand. A good friend gave this to me many moons ago. I believe she got it from a women's group in Meaford Ontario. This is also terrific baked in individual ramekins or onion soup bowls. For a change of pace, try adding raisins or whole cranberries to the apples prior to pouring on the batter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Slice apples, with or without the peel, to fill a casserole dish.
- 3Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and water.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 5In a small bowl or shaker, combine vanilla, egg, melted shortening and milk.
- 6Add to the flour mixture and beat until smooth, then pour over the apples.
- 7If desired, sprinkle with sugar cinnamon.
- 8Bake for 1 hour or until golden.
- 9Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carolyn's Apple Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 336.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 46.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g