Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I made up this recipe when I catered my sister's wedding last summer. Isn't meant to be authentic Italian, just my idea of what would be good in an antipasto salad. Hope you enjoy it as much as her guests did. The cook time is the time that the salad chills for blending the flavors.
- 1 bag artichoke heart
- 1⁄2 cup bermuda onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 cup sliced roma tomato
- 1⁄4 lb salami, cubed
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni, slices
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 package Good Seasons Italian dressing
- balsamic vinegar
- good quality olive oil
- Mix all salad ingredients EXCEPT for cheese.
- Mix dressing according to directions on package substituting the vinegar& oil called for with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Pour over salad ingredients and toss.
- Allow salad to marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours preferably over night.
- To serve, toss in the cheese and allow salad to come to room temperature for the best flavor.
This salad was just wonderful. It was so easy to prepare, and after the marinating, the flavors were zesty and balanced. I didn't have a lot of black olives, so I threw in a few pimento-stuffed olives. Great salad. Thanks for sharing. I will be using this one again.
My Italian in-laws raved and raved when I made this!!! I did use Kens Steak House Light Caesar Dressing and a Large drizzling of olive oil and balsamic vinegar as the dressing instead of the good seasons suggestion . This is truly delicious recipe...easy and appealing to the eye as well.
MANGIA!! I followed the rater who said to use the Kens Caesar dressing and of course the extra olive oil. I also added fresh crushed garlic and fresh basil leaves....a MUST for Italian cooking!!!