Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My friend Carolyn brought me a sample of this and I just HAD to have the recipe. I keep forgetting to put the last 2 tablespoons of butter in at the end, but it does not seem to effect the flavor.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- to taste salt & pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2⁄3 cup beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked pasta
- Mix together flour and salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour and salt & pepper mix.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter & olive oil in pan, brown chicken on both sides.
- Take out chicken, add onion and garlic sauté until lightly brown.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Return chicken in pan and stir in Marsala and beef broth, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook pasta.
- Cook until sauce is reduced by 1/3.
- Right before putting over pasta(I recommend bow-tie pasta) melt other 2 tbsp butter into sauce.
I really can't cook, but still like to experiment with recipes and this one actually turned out excellent! I could eat this once a week!