Prep 30 mins
Cook 38 mins
Daughter Carolyn & grandson Nathan came up with this delicious cheesecake one Christmas. Now it is a traditional recipe in their house.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 apples, peeled, cored & thinly sliced
- 20 Kraft caramels
- 1⁄2 teaspoon milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- whipped cream, and additional melted
- caramel (to garnish) (optional)
- Combine Flour, margarine, sugar and egg yolk. Press into the bottom and slightly up the side of a greases 9-inch spring form pan; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Melt butter in a skillet and saute apples until
- slightly golden. Arrange apples on crust.
- Combine caramels and milk and melt over low heat or microwave on low power 4
- minutes. Drizzle over apples. In a large bowl cream cheese and sugar until
- mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, add vanilla.
- Pour mixture over apple-caramel mixture and bake for 35-38 minutes.
- Cool on
- a wire rack, then chill. Garnish with additional caramel sauce and whipped
- cream, if desired. Serves 12.
Simply delicious and refreshing <br/>pie crust was almost like a shortbread <br/>and not the usual graham cracker crust<br/><br/>i will make it again