Prep 30 mins
Cook 38 mins
Daughter Carolyn & grandson Nathan came up with this delicious cheesecake one Christmas. Now it is a traditional recipe in their house.
- Combine Flour, margarine, sugar and egg yolk. Press into the bottom and slightly up the side of a greases 9-inch spring form pan; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Melt butter in a skillet and saute apples until
- slightly golden. Arrange apples on crust.
- Combine caramels and milk and melt over low heat or microwave on low power 4
- minutes. Drizzle over apples. In a large bowl cream cheese and sugar until
- mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, add vanilla.
- Pour mixture over apple-caramel mixture and bake for 35-38 minutes.
- Cool on
- a wire rack, then chill. Garnish with additional caramel sauce and whipped
- cream, if desired. Serves 12.
Simply delicious and refreshing <br/>pie crust was almost like a shortbread <br/>and not the usual graham cracker crust<br/><br/>i will make it again