1/1 Photo of Carol's Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup
I'm a cheese-a-holic, so this is made a lot at my house and used in many recipes especially my chicken pot pie #273291
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 340.19 g beer (I prefer Sam Adams larger)
- 473.18 ml chicken broth (or canned 15 oz.)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 473.18 ml half-and-half cream (or 1 cup skim milk and)
- 236.59 ml cream
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 44.37 ml flour or 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 78.07 ml water
- 473.18 ml popped popcorn (optional)
- 1Melt the butter in a large soup pot. Add carrot, onion, garlic and saute.
- 2untill tender.
- 3Add beer, chicken broth and worcestershire sauce, bring to a boil and cook.
- 4for a couple of minutes.
- 5Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Add the half and half and the cheese to the soup, simmer uncovered until the cheese melts.
- 7Mix the flour (or cornstarch) and water together, add to the soup stirring constantly until the soup is thickened (a few minutes).
- 8Sounds a bit strange, but this is great topped with popped popcorn.
- 9Broccoli may be substituted for the carrot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carol's Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.8
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.7 mg
- Sodium 564.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 15.1 g