Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so good when the weather is cold. Not only does a pleasing aroma fill your kitchen, but it's good for the soul.
- 2 cups canned peeled tomatoes with juice
- 2⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 2 -3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2⁄3 teaspoon oregano
- 2⁄3 teaspoon cumin
- 2⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 cups bok choy, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green beans, optional
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Puree the first 8 ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Combine the puree'd mixture and the remaining ingredients in a VERY LARGE stock pot.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer (covered) for 30 to 45 minutes, adding additional broth, if needed.
This is a GREAT recipe! Chocked full of good stuff. I'm sending it to my daughter in Lighthouse Point, FL. Michele