Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthier and meat-free alternative to regular tacos.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1 large chopped onion
- 6 -8 minced garlic cloves
- chili powder
- chiffonade lettuce
- chopped tomato
- chopped olive (optional)
- taco shell
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 lb medium-soft tofu
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- chopped parsley (for the top)
- Fry onions in oil until soft.
- Add tofu and cook until golden brown.
- Add garlic and spices (to taste) and saute over low heat for 1 minute.
- Fill taco shell first with heated refried beans, tofu mixture, veggies and top with tofu guacamole.
- Tofu Guacamole Directions: Mash all the ingredients, except parsley, with a fork.
- After mashing, beat well with fork (vigorously!) or whisk, until smooth and uniform.
- Arrange nicely in a serving bowl.
- Top with parsley.
- Cover tightly and chill.