Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love three bean salad, but have never found a recipe I really liked until my friend Carol Bolduc gave this one to me. She makes it in the summer at Mrs. B.'s Deli in Lake George, NY and I fell in LOVE the first time I had it. It's really simple but, oh, so good!! This makes alot of dressing so I usually omit the chickpeas (personal pref.) and use two cans of wax beans.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Drain beans and mix together with onions in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing mixture over beans and stir well.
- Allow to marinate for at least two hours in the refrigerator to chill and to allow flavors to meld.
- The longer you let this sit, the better it gets!