Recipe by Jaime in Winnipeg
Another recipe from that African cookbook. And another BIG hit with my family. This would work for OAMC as well - I make it according to directions, cover and freeze, and then reheat in oven at 350° until done - about 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
Top Review by jonesies
The taste of this sauce is fantastic. The only problem I had was the fact that it did not get thick or sticky. I basted throughout the cook time though, and the flavor penetrated throughout the chicken. We will make it again and hopefully it will thicken up next time. Thanks for the recipe!
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, fill with water to make 1 cup
- 3 tablespoons molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry chicken and season with salt, pepper, garlic, ginger and paprika.
- Bake at 275° for 1 hour. Drain off grease.
- Mix together worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar/water and molasses.
- Pour over chicken. Bake at 325° uncovered for 1 hour. Baste chicken frequently with sauce.
- Cook until sauce thickens.