Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another recipe from that African cookbook. And another BIG hit with my family. This would work for OAMC as well - I make it according to directions, cover and freeze, and then reheat in oven at 350° until done - about 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, fill with water to make 1 cup
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- Dry chicken and season with salt, pepper, garlic, ginger and paprika.
- Bake at 275° for 1 hour. Drain off grease.
- Mix together worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar/water and molasses.
- Pour over chicken. Bake at 325° uncovered for 1 hour. Baste chicken frequently with sauce.
- Cook until sauce thickens.
The taste of this sauce is fantastic. The only problem I had was the fact that it did not get thick or sticky. I basted throughout the cook time though, and the flavor penetrated throughout the chicken. We will make it again and hopefully it will thicken up next time. Thanks for the recipe!
Excellent flavor! This was easy to put together and the flavor was wonderful. My sauce also did not turn out very sticky, but I didn't cook it long enough for that like another reviewer. I will be making this again!
Wow this is great! I made this for my sister visiting and it was unbelieveable! It was super flavorful and easy to make! A keeper for sure! Thank you for sharing this fabulous recipe! XO LA :-)