Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Courtesy of my sister-in-law...
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup golden raisin, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place beaten eggs in bowl, add oil and blend.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until thick and foamy.
- Add zucchini and pineapple, and stir until blended.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Place into two greased and floured loaf tins.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Very yummy. I had to cook the loafs for 50 min.
I loved this recipe. My neighbor gave me a zucchini so I made bread. All the other recipes tells you to drain the pineapple. I wanted to find one that uses the juice for better flavor, and here was this lovely recipe. The only changes I made was to use half applesauce for the oil, pecans instead of walnuts and I omitted the raisins. Truly a wonderful moist bread. Thanks so much for posting!
This was some yummy bread i even forgot to add the nutmeg and my family still enjoyed it.I used my food processor and shredded zucchini instead of grateing it and also used it to crush the pineapple it was so good we shared with neighbors and family.Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.