Recipe by Normaone
My dear friend Carol and her husband came for dinner last night and she brought a wonderful "Bakewell Tart" for dessert. This is the recipe for the pie crust which was flakey and fabulous.
- 1 lb all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces chilled unsalted butter
- 8 ounces chilled Crisco
- 1 tablespoon sugar (omit if making a savory pie)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more if making a savory pie)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 5 ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until almost together.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Pulse a few times.
- Add 1 T flour and pulse a few more times until dough comes together.
- Divide dough into 8 oz.
- Use one and place the other three in freezer bags.
- Freeze until ready to use.
- A standard 9 inch crust takes about 8 oz of dough.
- If using a larger pan, adjust accordingly.