Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a sweet dessert. It uses sweet rice flour or mochiko. Although it is baked like a cake it's texture is sweet and sticky.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups sweet rice flour (mochiko)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Cream together 3 cups sugar and 1/2 cup butter.
- Blend in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into greased 9"x13" pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for one hour. Cool.
- Cut into squares with a plastic knife.
I really loved this! I made a 1/4 recipe, put the batter in a greased 8-inch round pan, and baked it for 40 minutes. It's got such a great texture (really chewy), and the perfect amount of sweetness for my taste. Thanks so much for sharing this unusual and tasty dessert.