Recipe by Carol Elizabeth
This is a recipe that I had and "tweaked" to make it healthier and lower in fat and calories. They are good for breakfast with a nice hot cup of coffee. I filled the muffin pan pretty full and got 21 muffins. I did line the muffin pan with baking papers that I also sprayed with cooking spray.
- 2 cups all-bran cereal
- 2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine bran cereal, bananas, milk, Splenda, applesauce, egg substitute and vanilla in a large bowl, stirring well; let stand 10 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bran mixture; stirring just until combined.
- Spoon batter into a muffin pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes.