Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious, healthy pasta.
Make and share this Carol's Killer Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 -10 cloves garlic, minced (large cloves)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom (any kind of good mushrooms)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce or 1 (28 ounce) can canned plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 lb spaghetti (or any kind of pasta)
- 3 -4 to taste olive oil
- Put several tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add onions, celery, carrots and mushrooms and cook until almost soft.
- At this point, add the broccoli and cook until all is al dente or soft.
- Add garlic immediately and cook for a few minutes.
- Add remaining sauce, herbs and salt and let simmer, covered.
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water.
- Drain and combine with sauce.
ugh I think I want to throw up... because I just ate TOO much of this DELICIOUS pasta! This was really great, MUCH better than just the regular pasta + store bought sauce my family is used to. For the olive oil I put something like 4 tablespoons (really 8 since I doubled the entire thing).