Carol Bullock's Note:
A delicious, healthy pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 -10 cloves garlic, minced (large cloves)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom (any kind of good mushrooms)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce or 1 (28 ounce) can canned plum tomatoes
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2-1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 lb spaghetti (or any kind of pasta)
- 3 -4 to taste olive oil
- 1Put several tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan.
- 2Add onions, celery, carrots and mushrooms and cook until almost soft.
- 3At this point, add the broccoli and cook until all is al dente or soft.
- 4Add garlic immediately and cook for a few minutes.
- 5Add remaining sauce, herbs and salt and let simmer, covered.
- 6Cook pasta in boiling, salted water.
- 7Drain and combine with sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carol's Killer Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1115.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 20.5 g