Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This has been a favorite in our family for years. It's just darn good!!
- 2 lbs ribs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 beef bouillon cubes or 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Brown ribs, and drain off fat.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water, and add to all remaining ingredients.
- Pour sauce over browned ribs and cover tightly.
- bake in 325 deg.oven for at least an hour, basting often.
- Serve with rice.
I love my spareribs and these rate close to he top. I omitted the garlic salt and added two garlic cloves (chopped)I'll make these again for sure.
Can't nail this one down- slightly oriental, but not really?!.Cooked on top of the stove on low, covered for two hours. Meat was falling off the bones. Very unusual and delicious flavor. Served sauce over Yukon gold mashed potatoes. A keeper for sure!
Couldn't get any easier and packed with great flavour. Wonderful quick family meal!