Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a dish I cooked up one night when I was craving lentils. It's quite good when eaten in conjunction with another recipe I've posted here, Rice with a Chilean flair. Indian and South American food combined!
- 2 cups lentils, stones picked out and boiled till soft
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed well and chopped
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can tomato sauce (medium size)
- curry powder
- ginger (fresh or ground)
- ground cloves
- Cover bottom of saucepan with vegetable oil.
- Fry onion about 5 minutes, add cilantro and continue frying over medium heat, until onion is golden.
- Add tomato and let get a little soft.
- Add rest of ingredients, including spices (add spices according to your taste!) and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
Very tasty! Here is what used for step 4: 2 c. uncooked lentils, 15 oz. coconut milk, 8 oz. tomato sauce, 2-3 c. water, 2 Tbsp. curry powder, 1/2 tsp. turmeric, 2 tsp. ground ginger, 1/4 tsp. ground cloves, 2 tsp. cumin, 1/2 tsp. cayenne, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, and 3 Tbsp. brown sugar.
Excellent and very easy to make
Awesome! Very easy and tasty.