Prep 48 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I don't know where this recipe came from, it's a true midwestern dish that's sure to please anyone who likes cucumbers.
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 salt
- 3 cucumbers, medium sliced
- 1 large onion, medium sliced (sweet or regular)
- Medium slice cucumbers and soak in salt water (6 cups water 2Tbs. salt) this will take the burb out of the cucumbers.
- Mix sour cream, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add DRAINED cucumbers.
- Slice onion and add, stir until well mixed.
- Put in a sealed container and place in fridge.
- Stir whenever you think about it.
- Takes about 2 days to ferment and get done.
- It is normal to see air bubbles from the fermentation process, it's ok, let it do it's thing.
- Serve as a side salad, or the sauce can be a topper on potatoes.
Wow! I was so happy to see this old fashioned recipe posted. I followed the directions exactly and LOVED the end results! Yummy. You have to really love cucumbers, onions and sour cream but the longer this sits the better it is! I ate the whole batch over 4 days, I am such a pig but I could not help myself. I had alot of the sauce left so I put some on top of my baked potato, sooooo goooood. Thanks for sharing this, I've already started another batch.
I'm sorry, I didn't like this recipe.