CRYSTALINA Haldeman's Note:
I don't know where this recipe came from, it's a true midwestern dish that's sure to please anyone who likes cucumbers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Medium slice cucumbers and soak in salt water (6 cups water 2Tbs. salt) this will take the burb out of the cucumbers.
- 2Mix sour cream, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth.
- 3Add DRAINED cucumbers.
- 4Slice onion and add, stir until well mixed.
- 5Put in a sealed container and place in fridge.
- 6Stir whenever you think about it.
- 7Takes about 2 days to ferment and get done.
- 8It is normal to see air bubbles from the fermentation process, it's ok, let it do it's thing.
- 9Serve as a side salad, or the sauce can be a topper on potatoes.
Browse Our Top Midwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carol's Creamed Cucumbers
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.0
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.3 mg
- Sodium 34.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: