Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Healthy, easy to make, vegan cookies. Found this in Southwest's inflight magazine this summer. Really needs the extra light olive oil or can taste too "olivish". The author of the article credits her friend Carol Owens with this recipe.
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup light extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375. Put oats into food processor and pulse until broken into small pieces.
- Add the flour and process.
- Next add walnuts, oil, maple syrup and salt and run food processor unil well mixed.
- Drop the batter onto cookie sheets using a generous tablespoon per cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a plate or rack.
- Leftovers freeze well. Makes about 1 dozen cookies.