Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I don't remember where I got the original recipe, but over the years I've "tweaked" it a few times and now it is just the way I like it. These eggs are very sweet, so don't eat too many! They can be covered with dark, milk, white or semisweet chocolate. My family prefers the semisweet. This recipe makes quite a few eggs, but they can be frozen. I usually add about 1 Tbl. of shortening to each 12 oz. bags of chips when melting. It tends to loosen it up a bit. I like to keep these refrigerated because I love them very cold. Serving size and cook time is approx. Enjoy!
- 177.44 ml butter (no substitutes)
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 22.18 ml vanilla
- 2 (56.69 g) bottle coconut extract
- 2129.31 ml confectioners' sugar
- 2 (793.78 g) bag sweetened flaked coconut
- chocolate chips, for coating
- Cream butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add condensed milk, vanilla and coconut extract and mix until well blended.
- Add 2 cups of confectioner's sugar and beat well.
- Mix in remaining sugar throughly. Mixture will be very stiff.
- Mix in coconut very well. If mixture is not quite stiff enough add more confectioner's sugar.
- Shape into egg shapes and place on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate until very cold.
- Melt chocolate chips, dip eggs in chocolate and place on a wax paper. Refrigerate until set.