Carol Elizabeth's Note:
I don't remember where I got the original recipe, but over the years I've "tweaked" it a few times and now it is just the way I like it. These eggs are very sweet, so don't eat too many! They can be covered with dark, milk, white or semisweet chocolate. My family prefers the semisweet. This recipe makes quite a few eggs, but they can be frozen. I usually add about 1 Tbl. of shortening to each 12 oz. bags of chips when melting. It tends to loosen it up a bit. I like to keep these refrigerated because I love them very cold. Serving size and cook time is approx. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- 2Add condensed milk, vanilla and coconut extract and mix until well blended.
- 3Add 2 cups of confectioner's sugar and beat well.
- 4Mix in remaining sugar throughly. Mixture will be very stiff.
- 5Mix in coconut very well. If mixture is not quite stiff enough add more confectioner's sugar.
- 6Shape into egg shapes and place on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate until very cold.
- 7Melt chocolate chips, dip eggs in chocolate and place on a wax paper. Refrigerate until set.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carol's Coconut Cream Easter Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.1
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 119.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 53.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g