This is a recipe that was actually created while emptying leftovers from the frig. The veggies are limited only by your imagination and the quantity is easily adjusted. In fact the whole thing is a no-brainer. I shared the recipe with a friend who shared it with a friend and it ended up being on the menu of a very nice restaurant(I think it was a sneaky way to use up their leftovers).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves, grilled (cut in medium sized pieces) or 3 cups left over rotisserie chicken (cut in medium sized pieces)
- 2 carrots, cut 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 small red potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3 cups beer cheese soup (I use Carol's Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup, more or less as needed)
- 2 sheets puff pastry sheets, thawed (more if needed)
- 1Season chicken with salt and pepper; grill until done. Debone the chicken and cut into medium sized pieces.
- 2Cook carrots, onion and potatoes in chicken broth until tender. Add peas and mushrooms and cook for 5 to 8 minutes more. Drain vegetables and combine with cheese soup. Keep hot.
- 3PASTRY; Prepare while chicken and vegetables cook.
- 4Unroll pastry, press slightly to smooth out folds and cut to the top inside diameter of the container to be used. Place pastry on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake according to package directions or until golden brown and crispy.
- 6Place cooked vegetables and cheese soup mixture in individual preheated baking dishes. A # 8 iron skillet works perfectly and makes a nice presentation.
- 7Top with pastry rounds, serve immediately. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carol's Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1065.4
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 803.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 46.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: