Recipe by HokiesMom
I found this recipe in a church cookbook and it was submitted by C. Laird. It is a refreshing change of pace for chicken salad. The preparation time does not include cooking the chicken, as so often I use leftover cooked chicken for this meal.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 medium granny smith apple, unpeeled
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup cashews
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cooked chicken into good sized chunks.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Chop apple into chunks and dip in pineapple juice to keep them from browning.
- Combine chicken, pineapple, apple, grapes and mayonaisse.
- Mix well.
- Cover and chill 2 hours before serving.
- Serve over romaine lettuce leaves.
- Top with some of the cashews.