Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in a church cookbook and it was submitted by C. Laird. It is a refreshing change of pace for chicken salad. The preparation time does not include cooking the chicken, as so often I use leftover cooked chicken for this meal.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 medium granny smith apple, unpeeled
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup cashews
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce
- Cut cooked chicken into good sized chunks.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Chop apple into chunks and dip in pineapple juice to keep them from browning.
- Combine chicken, pineapple, apple, grapes and mayonaisse.
- Mix well.
- Cover and chill 2 hours before serving.
- Serve over romaine lettuce leaves.
- Top with some of the cashews.
We enjoyed this very much! I used left-over grilled chicken and regular mayo. Also, did not have cashews on hand, so used pecans. Thanks for posting Hokies. Made for 123.
We cooked the chicken breasts on the barbecue. The salad would be great in tortillas. But we ate it like that without lettuce and cashews. DS loved it (he loves fruits). That was very good. Thanks Hokies. Made for newest zaar tag.