I found this recipe in a church cookbook and it was submitted by C. Laird. It is a refreshing change of pace for chicken salad. The preparation time does not include cooking the chicken, as so often I use leftover cooked chicken for this meal.
- Cut cooked chicken into good sized chunks.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Chop apple into chunks and dip in pineapple juice to keep them from browning.
- Combine chicken, pineapple, apple, grapes and mayonaisse.
- Mix well.
- Cover and chill 2 hours before serving.
- Serve over romaine lettuce leaves.
- Top with some of the cashews.