Recipe by Bone Man
Expensive, decadent, and there's probably something in the Old Testatment banning them..... because they're so GOOD! This is my mother-in-law's favorite family cookie recipe. Best cookies I ever ate. Since all she does all day long is cook and take care of her home, I'd say that these babies rate right up there. Heck, make a double batch!
- 2 (4 ounce) baker's German sweet chocolate (8 ounces total)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate and butter over hot water. Cool.
- Beat eggs in mixer until foamy, (using a Kitchen Aide, use the regulat mixer, not the whisk), then add the sugar, two tablespoons at a time (it's 12 tablespoons, converted).
- Beat in mixer until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Blend in chocolate.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Using a regular cereal spoon (about 2/3 of a tablespoon in quantity), drop the mix balls on to a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. The cookies should feel "set" when done.
- Cool slightly on sheet before storing/eating.