Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My SIL made this for us when we went back home last year. I could not leave without the recipe. It is so very good. Use as much or as little lemon juice as you want, I wrote 1/4-1/2 cup because it varies with people's tastes. I hope you enjoy it!!
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crips and crumbled
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup lemon juice, to taste
- poppy seed, optional
- In a bowl mix together broccoli crowns, raisins, peanuts, onion, and bacon.
- In a separate bowl blend together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the broccoli mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- Let the flavors blend, although it is pretty good right away, but definitely better after sitting.
What a great salad!I too reduced the amount of oil by half.I was out of raisins so I used crasins(dried cranberries).I also added peanuts right before serving as I'm not fond of soggy nuts!No bacon either as I'm vegetarian.But I loved it!So much better than all those cheese/mayo/bacon salads posted.I'm going to be making this a lot!!
This was a delicious blend of flavors -- and so different from the usual. My 5-year-old daughter would not stop eating her broccoli!! I did cut the dressing amounts in half, and used the juice of about 3 lemons. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.