These homemade biscuits by my friend carol are a favorite of my DH especially topped with sausage gravy or butter and honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- 3Cut in crisco with pastry cutter or fork.
- 4Add enough milk to make dough, do not mix too much.
- 5Place dough on flour surface and pat out to about 1/2 inch thick, try not to work it too much the less handled the more tender the biscuit.
- 6Cut biscuits with a floured cutter or glass.
- 7Place on cookie sheet (I use a stone cookie sheet, it makes the biscuits a little crunchy on bottom).
- 8Top each biscuit with just a little bit of butter (no need to melt it, just put a little chunk).
- 9Bake for 15 minutes or until brown on the bottom and top.
- 10Remove and enjoy with your favorite topping.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carol's Best Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 427.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g