Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These homemade biscuits by my friend carol are a favorite of my DH especially topped with sausage gravy or butter and honey.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in crisco with pastry cutter or fork.
- Add enough milk to make dough, do not mix too much.
- Place dough on flour surface and pat out to about 1/2 inch thick, try not to work it too much the less handled the more tender the biscuit.
- Cut biscuits with a floured cutter or glass.
- Place on cookie sheet (I use a stone cookie sheet, it makes the biscuits a little crunchy on bottom).
- Top each biscuit with just a little bit of butter (no need to melt it, just put a little chunk).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until brown on the bottom and top.
- Remove and enjoy with your favorite topping.
These are great! I have never been able to make good biscuits but these were quick, easy and great with sausage gravy!
These were great although I did alter them a bit. I added 1t. sugar and 1t. lemon juice to the milk to make buttermilk. Easy and delicious. Thnaks!
These biscuits were easy to make and even easier to eat! We ate them with butter and jam for breakfast. They were a bit salty, crispy on the outside and flakey on the inside. Thank you for the recipe.