Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My sister's recipe, a family favorite, and definitely a keeper. The meat is tender and juicy. Easy to make ahead, pop in the oven, and let it cook. Excellent served with noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes along w/ the cooking sauce/gravy.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -4 lbs beef brisket (or round, cut about 2-inch thick)
- Place brisket in baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix 1st five ingredients and pour over brisket, cover tightly w/ foil.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours.
- Serve sliced w/ noodles or mashed potatoes.
This is my family's favorite brisket recipe. I add lots of sliced onions and mushrooms. I usually serve the delicious gravy over noodles. The meat is extremely tender and juicy. I love it not just because of the flavor but because it so easy and quick to make. Thanks for sharing.
Very easy and absolutely delicious. I made mine in the crock pot it came out tender and juicy. Thanks for sharing.
Simply put - another good brisket recipe. The only change I made was to lower the temp and let it go in the oven longer since I knew I was going to be out. I think I could have easily eaten the entire thing myself, but I showed restraint and now I have dinner for tomorrow night too.