Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from an old friend, Carolina, who makes a fabulous biscuit. This is different than my other recipe for buttermilk biscuits because it has the addition of an egg. It has a different taste and texture, but it is equally as good.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- With a pastry blender, cut cold butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs (sort of like fresh bread crumbs).
- Stir buttermilk into beaten egg and add mixture to flour mixture.
- Stir quickly, until dough forms a soft ball.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 5 or 6 times.
- Let dough rest for a minute, then roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut out biscuits using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits, 1 inch apart, on baking sheet that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
I have been wanting to make biscuits from scratch for the longest time and I am very grateful for this recipe that resulted in great-tasting biscuits and didn't need a lot of time to prepare. My DH almost ate them all! ;)
These were wonderful! Made them to go w/ Chicken Fried Chicken w/milk gravy (#22227)- a great dinner!