Recipe by P4
This recipe is from an old friend, Carolina, who makes a fabulous biscuit. This is different than my other recipe for buttermilk biscuits because it has the addition of an egg. It has a different taste and texture, but it is equally as good.
Top Review by CookofLove
I have been wanting to make biscuits from scratch for the longest time and I am very grateful for this recipe that resulted in great-tasting biscuits and didn't need a lot of time to prepare. My DH almost ate them all! ;)
- 3 cups white lily all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cold
- 1 extra large egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- With a pastry blender, cut cold butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs (sort of like fresh bread crumbs).
- Stir buttermilk into beaten egg and add mixture to flour mixture.
- Stir quickly, until dough forms a soft ball.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 5 or 6 times.
- Let dough rest for a minute, then roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut out biscuits using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits, 1 inch apart, on baking sheet that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.