Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted in response to a request.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon Wesson Oil
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 1⁄2 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed ham
- Cook rice in oil until lightly browned.
- Chop onion, green pepper and celery. Add to rice.
- Stir in tomatoes. Heat to boiling.
- Lower heat. Cover and cook about 25 minutes until rice is tender.
- Add ham to rice and heat until ham is hot.
I'm rating this on my tastes alone. DH nor DD would eat this, but I kind of thought that would be the case. I really liked this, I used keilbasa instead of ham. I would have liked a little garlic or ceyanne pepper to this and will probably add a little hot sauce to the leftovers. Taste was good, just a little bland for my tastes.