Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce tends to be more vinegary than your traditional sweet BBQ sauces. Give it a go for a change of pace. Posted for ZWT 2. Recipe says nice accompanied by hoppin john.
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork loin, cut into 24 cubes
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 8 wedges each (Granny Smith or Braeburn)
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Stir sauce ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Set aside 1/3 c for basting; reserve remaining sauce for serving.
- Thread pork cubes onto 4 skewers, alternating apple and onion wedges with meat.
- Grill 4 minutes then turn and baste the grilled side.
- Grill an additional 4 minutes, then turn and baste again.
- Cook an additional minutes or until pork reaches 150 degrees.
- Discard remaining sauce you used to baste with.
- Serve with reserved sauce.