This sauce tends to be more vinegary than your traditional sweet BBQ sauces. Give it a go for a change of pace. Posted for ZWT 2. Recipe says nice accompanied by hoppin john.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat grill to medium.
- 2Stir sauce ingredients together in a saucepan.
- 3Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Set aside 1/3 c for basting; reserve remaining sauce for serving.
- 5Thread pork cubes onto 4 skewers, alternating apple and onion wedges with meat.
- 6Grill 4 minutes then turn and baste the grilled side.
- 7Grill an additional 4 minutes, then turn and baste again.
- 8Cook an additional minutes or until pork reaches 150 degrees.
- 9Discard remaining sauce you used to baste with.
- 10Serve with reserved sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carolina Skewer BBQ
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.1
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 1054.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 35.1 g