8 hrs 30 mins
Very tender and flavorful pork. I found that combining the acid of the apple vinegar and the extra flavor of the ginger ale and pepper to be a wonderful merriment of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add vinegar, ginger ale, brown sugar, pepper, salt and mustard to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- 2Add pork to the crock pot.
- 3Set crock pot on high until the liquid starts to bubble.
- 4Lower crock pot to low and cook for 8-10 hours until the internal temp is 190 or the pork easily falls apart.
- 5Take the pork out of the crock pot and set aside.
- 6Strain the liquid and set aside. Let the liquid separate. Spoon out the grease off the top.
- 7When the pork cools a bit, pull the pork apart by hand.
- 8Add liquid back to the pulled pork as needed to keep the pork moist.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carolina Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.3
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 699.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 32.0 g