Recipe by Splash035
Very tender and flavorful pork. I found that combining the acid of the apple vinegar and the extra flavor of the ginger ale and pepper to be a wonderful merriment of flavor.
- 1360.77-1814.36 g pork butt
- 709.77 ml apple cider vinegar
- 473.18 ml ginger ale
- 177.44 ml dark brown sugar
- 14.79 ml freshly cracked pepper
- 9.85 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml ground mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Add vinegar, ginger ale, brown sugar, pepper, salt and mustard to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Add pork to the crock pot.
- Set crock pot on high until the liquid starts to bubble.
- Lower crock pot to low and cook for 8-10 hours until the internal temp is 190 or the pork easily falls apart.
- Take the pork out of the crock pot and set aside.
- Strain the liquid and set aside. Let the liquid separate. Spoon out the grease off the top.
- When the pork cools a bit, pull the pork apart by hand.
- Add liquid back to the pulled pork as needed to keep the pork moist.