Recipe by McCormick Kitchens
A vinegar and mustard Carolina-style barbecue sauce moistens shredded grilled chicken for sliders. Serve with Easy Summertime Pickles for piquant crunch.
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion, such as Vidalia
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (1 ounce) package Grill Mates® Carolina Country Marinade
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 slider sandwich buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ketchup, vinegar, onion, sugar and Marinade Mix in medium saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Set aside. Brush chicken lightly with oil.
- Grill chicken over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Shred chicken using 2 forks. Add to saucepan; toss to coat well. Spoon shredded chicken mixture on rolls. Serve with Easy Summertime Pickles, if desired.