Recipe by Whipper
A quick and easy honey mustard sauce by Steven Raichlen. After waiting paitiently for 14 hours for our pulled pork to be ready to eat, this is the only sauce for us that deserves to go onto the sandwiches! I find that this amount here is good for about 5-6 pulled pork sandwiches.
Top Review by coleen114
I was looking for a good mustard based sauce for pulled pork. While this isn't the best I've ever had, it is really quick, easy and tasty. I too let it simmer 15 minutes and cool so it was thicker than after only 5 minutes. And, I too didn't have white vinegar, so I used apple cider vinegar. Even my husband approved, and he isn't hot on honey mustard.
- 1⁄2 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mustard, honey, sugar and vinegar in a saucepan and whisk to mix.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook gently, uncovered, until richly flaovred, about 5 minutes, whisking from time to time.
- Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve warm or at room temperature. The sauce will keep, tightly covered in the refrigerator, for several weeks.