Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from kraftfoods.com. This salad is so easy and can be increased as needed to serve many. This is great for potlucks or when cooking for a crowd. The original recipe calls for sandwich spread; however, that is very expensive and I use the alternative of Miracle Whip Salad Dressing and chopped sweet pickles.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 sweet gherkin, chopped
- black pepper
- Boil the macaroni, drain thoroughly.
- To the macaroni add the butter, milk and cheese packet mixing well.
- Add the Miracle Whip, eggs, pepper, onion, sweet pickles and black pepper; mix lightly.
- Sprinkle with paprika, cover and chill several hours or overnight.
Delicious! Using packaged mac and cheese makes this yummy macaroni salad quick and easy to make. The bell pepper, onion, and sweet pickle really add to the flavor of this salad. We like our macaroni salad a little on the sweeter side, so I added some sweet pickle juice along with the sweet pickle. This salad will be a regular at my house. **Made for Culinary Quest - Suitcase Gourmets**
I requested recipes that were quick and easy for a supper at church. Paula recommended this and it will be a regular around this house from now on. Did not have the first bite left over and people were requesting the recipe as we sat around the table. Thanks for the great recipe!
Loads of cheesy goodness in this! This is a very rich-tasting mac salad, I used green onions in place of the yellow, I have massive amounts from my summer's garden, I also added in some diced celery, we enjoyed this Paula, thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)