Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
These delicious sandwiches make a simple lunch special or a quick dinner seem not so rushed. Perfect for leftover holiday ham and turkey; or you can use deli sliced ham. This recipe was inspired by a beautiful cool spring evening and left over Easter ham. Our 4 year old loved his - I used a mayo and mustard combo for his. Goes well with a fresh garden salad, oven fries and a nice bottle of California White Bordeaux.
Top Review by Crystal W
These were pretty good. The only thing I'd suggest is flipping the sandwiches halfway through if you use french or sourdough bread for a more even browning on both sides. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 4 large kaiser rolls, loaded toppings
- 8 slices cooked ham or 12 slices deli ham
- 4 slices carved cooked turkey (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese or 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the butter, mustard, horseradish, worcestershire, onions and poppy seeds in a small bowl.
- Lightly spread the mixture on both sides of the cut roll (do not use it all yet). Place ham on bottom slices, add a little more dressing to the top of the ham and top with mounds of grated cheese. Put the tops on each one.
- Wrap the sandwiches individully in foil and place in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese melts.