1/1 Photo of Carolina Ham & Cheese Melt
These delicious sandwiches make a simple lunch special or a quick dinner seem not so rushed. Perfect for leftover holiday ham and turkey; or you can use deli sliced ham. This recipe was inspired by a beautiful cool spring evening and left over Easter ham. Our 4 year old loved his - I used a mayo and mustard combo for his. Goes well with a fresh garden salad, oven fries and a nice bottle of California White Bordeaux.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 4 large kaiser rolls, loaded toppings
- 8 slices cooked ham or 12 slices deli ham
- 4 slices carved cooked turkey (optional)
- 3/4 cup swiss cheese or 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix the butter, mustard, horseradish, worcestershire, onions and poppy seeds in a small bowl.
- 3Lightly spread the mixture on both sides of the cut roll (do not use it all yet). Place ham on bottom slices, add a little more dressing to the top of the ham and top with mounds of grated cheese. Put the tops on each one.
- 4Wrap the sandwiches individully in foil and place in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carolina Ham & Cheese Melt
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 547.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: