Recipe by Mindi Righter
This is a mustard based "Carolina Style" barbecue sauce that goes great with poultry, pork, or seafood.
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons texas pete hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, combine mustard, and vinegar.
- Then add chili powder, chipotle, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- DO NOT BOIL, as this could cause scorching.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Mix in the Worcestershire sauce, butter, hot sauce, and liquid smoke.
- Then simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Pour into an airtight jar and refrigerate.
- This will keep in fridge for a couple of weeks.