1/1 Photo of Carolina Delights
This recipe comes from my grandomther. Growing up my mom always made these cookies for me and my sister. I am doing the same for my 2 girls. Every bite reminds me of my childhood. :) Other names for these cookies are: no bake cookies, preacher cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, cocoa, margarine and milk in saucepan over medium heat (I always go a notch over medium-but do not do med/high or it will burn).
- 2Once it comes to a rapid boil, boil for 3 minutes EXACTLY.
- 3Remove from heat and add peanut butter and oatmeal (SEE Tip#2).
- 4Spoon drop on wax paper and let cool.
- 5Store in airtight container.
- 6Tip#1: have all ingredients measured out before you start.
- 7Tip#2: sometimes weather can effect the outcome. It may require less or more oatmeal -- add oatmeal a little at a time till you get the right consistency-not to runny and not too thick.
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carolina Delights
Serving Size: 1 (946 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.6
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 57.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g