This recipe comes from my grandomther. Growing up my mom always made these cookies for me and my sister. I am doing the same for my 2 girls. Every bite reminds me of my childhood. :) Other names for these cookies are: no bake cookies, preacher cookies
- Combine sugar, cocoa, margarine and milk in saucepan over medium heat (I always go a notch over medium-but do not do med/high or it will burn).
- Once it comes to a rapid boil, boil for 3 minutes EXACTLY.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter and oatmeal (SEE Tip#2).
- Spoon drop on wax paper and let cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- Tip#1: have all ingredients measured out before you start.
- Tip#2: sometimes weather can effect the outcome. It may require less or more oatmeal -- add oatmeal a little at a time till you get the right consistency-not to runny and not too thick.