Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
An unusual wrap filling that I thought was delicious and very filling.
Make and share this Carolina Crab Wrap recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh spinach leaves
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 4 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 lb crabmeat, drained and picked over
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice, warm
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh grated nutmeg (optional)
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the spinach leaves to the pan (don't add any liquid).
- Cook until wilted, stirring frequently (May need to do this in batches).
- Transfer wilted spinach to a collander and set aside.
- Clean skillet; add 2 teaspoons olive oil to skillet; heat over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook 5-7 minutes or until the onions are tender.
- Add in the sherry and cook until the liquid is almost all evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
- Clean skillet again and return to stove.
- Add 2 teaspoons olive oil, heat over medium-high.
- Add in the mushrooms; season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook about 10 minutes or until mushrooms are evenly browned.
- Decrease heat to low, add the cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the spinach, onion mixture, crabmeat, rice, cheese, lemon juice, and nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Divide the crab mixture onto the tortillas; wrap burrito style and serve immediately.