Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This makes a really nice side dish for Thanksgiving. I have also used it in place of corn bread with pulled pork or Tex-Mex foods. It really is quite versatile.
Top Review by Mrs Goodall
This was soooo good. I'd never made anything like it before, and it turned out great. I made for the 2014 Culinary Quest, Tribute to the Onion Challenge. Yep, I did have wonderful raw Walla Walla onions with this, and a little sour cream. I will now always eat it with onion, cause it was fabulous!! Thanks for posting Jackie!
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen or 1 cup corn kernel, fresh
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or blender, combine corn, cheese, eggs, cream, sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Process briefly until corn is just broken down.
- Pour into a buttered 4-cup baking dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned.