Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is my family's absolute favorite chili during football season.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Brown ground beef with onions, garlic and jalapeno pepper.
- Place beef and vegetables in crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cook on low setting of crockpot for approximately 6 hours.
- Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.
Delicious!! We loved this chili so much. It goes together so quickly and easily, and I loved the convenience of the crockpot. I increased the ingredients by 1/2 to make enough for the big eaters in the family. I did have to go easy on the cayenne pepper because my husband and son don't like their food too spicy. I served this topped with colby/jack cheese, sour cream, and red onions. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper! Congrats again on winning the Football Pool.