Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
This is one of my dear late Mom's recipes. Simple, but refreshing! The mini marshmallows will greatly increase the sweetness of this recipe, so you might want to try it without if in doubt. (Hey, I rhymed!) Number of servings and prep time are wild estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes orange Jell-O (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 pints Orange sherbet
- 1 (21 ounce) can mandarin orange pieces, drained (You can add more or less depending on taste.)
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped til soft peaks form
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows (Bear in mind that these will sweeten the jello significantly.) (optional)
- 1Completely dissolve jello in boiling water.
- 2Stir in sherbet until it is thoroughly melted and well-blended.
- 3Allow to cool to the point where you can easily fold in the whipped cream.
- 4Add oranges & optional mini marshmellows.
- 5Then fold in whipped cream until the color of the mixture is pale orange.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carole's Orange Sherbet Cream Delight
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.4
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 207.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 49.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g