Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
This is one of my dear late Mom's recipes. Simple, but refreshing! The mini marshmallows will greatly increase the sweetness of this recipe, so you might want to try it without if in doubt. (Hey, I rhymed!) Number of servings and prep time are wild estimates.
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes orange Jell-O (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 pints Orange sherbet
- 1 (21 ounce) can mandarin orange pieces, drained (You can add more or less depending on taste.)
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped til soft peaks form
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows (Bear in mind that these will sweeten the jello significantly.) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Completely dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Stir in sherbet until it is thoroughly melted and well-blended.
- Allow to cool to the point where you can easily fold in the whipped cream.
- Add oranges & optional mini marshmellows.
- Then fold in whipped cream until the color of the mixture is pale orange.