Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mayhall family favorite.
Make and share this Carole's Ham and Cheese Fondue Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cubed French bread
- 3 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- salt (if using mild ham)
- red pepper
- Mix bread, ham and cheese in a large mixing bowl with lid, or big ziplock.
- Mix flour and mustard. Sprinkle in the ham mixture and toss.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 dish.
- Pour butter on the mixture and toss.
- Beat eggs with milk and seasonings.
- Pour over dry ingredients.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours (Overnight is better).
- Bake uncovered at 350 º for 1 hour until puffed and golden. Serve at once.