Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you like beans and corn bread, or rice this is a nice lunch or supper dish. It's a complete meal by itself or as a side dish. The hot sauce we like is Glory Brand.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen crowder peas
- 2 cups finely diced ham, pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon bouillon (vegetable, chicken or beef)
- 2 cups red potatoes, chopped with skin on
- 1 cup baby carrots (cut coin size)
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- In large saucepot place all ingredients.
- Cook over medium high heat until starting to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, until all veggies are tender.
- Remove cover and let simmer until the liquid is reduced to your liking.
- I serve mine over corn bread so I like it alittle"juicy".
- Serve with corn bread, or rice and hot sauce to taste.
This was a hearty delicious way to fix Crowder Peas. A great way to get fiber and vegetables in one dish. I usually follow first time recipes to the letter. I did in this case. It was very tasty. Since it made several servings, I shared with my friend and neighbor. She and her husband raved about it. She said she will make it this way in the future. Thumbs Up!
I made this for my DH who loves crowder peas, but he didn't really care for these.
Geeze...I forgot to include a rating when I submitted my review, must be "Old Timers Disease"? Anyway, these Crowder peas are terrific! A+++++++++