Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was amazed to see all the Crab Rangoon recipes on zaar and I didn't find these - they are a little different but amazing! ;) We have made these quite a few times and changed them a bit - so as to be able to taste different varieties. They all have been wonderful! :) pepperidgefarmpuffpastry.com was were the original recipe was found. I happen to like the apricot and seedless raspberry preserves the best - just personal preference. LOL
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 ounces crabmeat, drained and picked over
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese or 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) packagepepperidge farm puff pastry shells
- 3⁄4 cup cherry preserves or 3⁄4 cup apricot preserves or 3⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like, not too much as it will overpower the dish)
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup pistachio nut, ground
- Heat the oven to 400°F & spray a 1-quart shallow baking dish with the cooking spray.
- Stir the crabmeat, cheese, onions and mayonnaise in a medium bowl.
- Spoon the crab mixture into the baking dish.
- Place the pastry shells onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the crab mixture and the pastry shells for 15 minutes or until the pastry shells are golden.
- Heat the preserves, vinegar, & red pepper flakes in a 1-quart saucepan over low heat until the mixture is warm, stirring occasionally.
- Cool and remove the "tops" of the pastry shells according to the package directions.
- Spoon the crab mixture into the pastry shells.
- Stand the "tops" of the pastry shells on end in the crab mixture.
- Top each filled pastry shell with 2 tablespoons preserve mixture and 2 teaspoons pistachio nuts.
- Serve warm and enjoy!