I was amazed to see all the Crab Rangoon recipes on zaar and I didn't find these - they are a little different but amazing! ;) We have made these quite a few times and changed them a bit - so as to be able to taste different varieties. They all have been wonderful! :) pepperidgefarmpuffpastry.com was were the original recipe was found. I happen to like the apricot and seedless raspberry preserves the best - just personal preference. LOL
My Private Note
Crab Pa ...
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 ounces crabmeat, drained and picked over
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese or 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) package pepperidge farm puff pastry shells
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves or 3/4 cup apricot preserves or 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like, not too much as it will overpower the dish)
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup pistachio nut, ground
- 1Heat the oven to 400°F & spray a 1-quart shallow baking dish with the cooking spray.
- 2Stir the crabmeat, cheese, onions and mayonnaise in a medium bowl.
- 3Spoon the crab mixture into the baking dish.
- 4Place the pastry shells onto a baking sheet.
- 5Bake the crab mixture and the pastry shells for 15 minutes or until the pastry shells are golden.
- 6Heat the preserves, vinegar, & red pepper flakes in a 1-quart saucepan over low heat until the mixture is warm, stirring occasionally.
- 7Cool and remove the "tops" of the pastry shells according to the package directions.
- 8Spoon the crab mixture into the pastry shells.
- 9Stand the "tops" of the pastry shells on end in the crab mixture.
- 10Top each filled pastry shell with 2 tablespoons preserve mixture and 2 teaspoons pistachio nuts.
- 11Serve warm and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carole's Crab Rangoon Cups
Serving Size: 1 (1040 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.0
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 523.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 11.9 g